Thursday, April 19, 2007

Emerson was a Television

Emerson Keaton just sort of turned up one day. At first, we couldn't deal with "Emerson" as a first name. It was delaying his acceptance into the rank and file. Then Mr. Dorris started calling him "Buster" and everybody fell in with that. We knew the real Buster was a famous person, but we didn't know what for. Years later, I went to a Buster Keaton movie and I thought, he doesn't look anything like Buster Keaton.

Buster had blue transparent eyes that reminded me of Wendell Corey. Wendell Corey was in that movie with Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart. Jimmy Stewart always reminded me of Billy Cochran.

1 comment:

Larry Blumen said...

They say the internet is forever.

I'm thinking about somebody reading this a hundred years from now and thinking, "Who's Billy Cochran?"

And then I think about somebody reading this two hundred years from now and thinking, "Who's Jimmy Stewart?"